If you would like to host a conference, webinar or seminar on behalf of HEIR, please contact us.
SIGN UP NOW – FREE HEIR ONLINE EVENT
Meeting the Office for Students (OfS) Access and Participation Plan (APP) Monitoring Return
Friday 26 February 2021 – 12:00 – 14:00
With invited speaker:
Chris Millward, Director for Fair Access and Participation
Office for Students (OfS)
THE HEIR Network is hosting a free online session in February aimed at those responsible for providing evidence of impact for matters of HE access and participation. Providers in England are required to produce impact reports to the Office for Students (OfS) and the new guidance will be a focal point of discussion. Participants will discuss their experiences of fulfilling different requirements for compiling evidence to demonstrate effective access and success, both within the HE systems of different countries and under previous governance arrangements, and consider whether these are applicable to the new requirements.
After a scene-setting summary of the new requirements, the event will seek to answer more detailed questions, including:
- To what extent does the impact report require an IR approach?
- Which quantitative data sources can support compilation of impact reports?
- What analysis have institutions performed to understand the impact that COVID19 has had on learning and teaching?
- How can respondents engage their students to independently prepare their written submission?
- What challenges are universities experiencing, and how can this be overcome and communicated to the OfS?Sign up here
HEIR 2021 – Date for your diary
The University of St Andrews is delighted to be hosting the Higher Education Institutional Research (HEIR) Network 2021 annual conference. The conference will be held virtually between Wednesday 22nd and Friday 24th September 2021. The theme of the 2021 HEIR conference will be Inclusive Institutional Research. The conference will explore wide-ranging ways in which institutional research can lead to inclusive practices across the sphere of HE activities.